Mental health-condition symptom severity assessment has traditionally relied on clinical interviews, self reported measures and observations by clinicians.
Now AI is accelerating rapidly as a digital tool for augmenting Symptom Severity Assessment.
Medteryx’s early stage AI R&D focus in this area is on developing proprietary models to assess large quantities of relevant symptom severity data such as speech patterns, facial expressions, profiles used in social media, body modifications, text based communications, use of profanity, and physiological signals. For example
- Linguistic markers to classify symptom severity such as impulsivity, emotional dysregulation and risk taking behaviours
- Linguistic markers to assess overestimation v. shallow, flamboyant and attention seeking behaviours
- Voice and speech analysis for speech pattern / syllable prosody, acoustic markers such as tone, speech rate, stop-start-pause
- Facial expression markers such as micro-expressions that reveal emotional states and fluctuations between states particularly for severity of emotional dysregulation, attention seeking and impulsivity
- Mood markers such as colours of pictures and propensity of slang & swear words used in social media posts
- Body piercings and / or tattoos as classification markers indicating personal identity and life story definition changes
- Wearable data monitoring tools for HR, BP, ECG, electrodermal
What we do
At Medteryx we help our mental health care clients to research & develop AI based symptom severity assessment tool solutions and then to co-develop these solutions with our tech-partners. Also we are able to provide advisory services to assist our clients to augment their integrated care programs to use AI symptom severity monitoring to significantly improve clinical outcomes: